Friday, August 11, 2006

To keep myself from doing further damage to my legs before Saturday's race, I took off the TT bars for my commute. My legs are feeling rough, so it was a good thing that for the first time I can remember, I ran into Pat riding in to work. He's busted a few spokes in his electrified Gary Fisher, so he's taken up riding the manual Panasonic again. I decided to save the legs and chat with him for the rest of the commute. It was nice to chill out some and the weather was absolutely terrific. Temperatures were in the 70's and the sun was perfect.

The ride home was more of the same--at least until some dude pulled up behind me and acted like he wanted a piece. So I hammered about a mile just before the Vienna stretch and dropped him. Then I was regretting that since my legs are crap and soft-pedaled the rest of the way home. Tomorrow should be very intersting. At least I don't race till 11a, so I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight.

No comments: