Thursday, August 31, 2006

I didn't think losing my cellphone was that big of deal, but after looking at the cost of a new replacement (CraigList and eBay are a helluva lot better) and also realizing how many numbers I'd lost, I got a little more motivated to try my hand at finding the thing somewhere in Lake Fairfax Park. Finding the phone was also a great motivation to get out for a second day on the 'cross bike riding some trails and I conned Jess in to coming along for the ride.

We rode the Difficult Run section several times looking for the phone and made many loops of the fields, but we came up empty handed again. I spent the rest of the time exploring the park with Jess and finished things up with a few mounts and remounts.

Ernesto decided to hold off on the big rain for a day. Tomorrow we should see plenty, but today was just a Boston-like kind of day. It feels like Fall and the overcast skies and getting me ever more prepared for a cyclocross race.

No comments: