Sunday, August 27, 2006

Day two of my sickness wasn't quite as bad as the first. I think skipping the planned race this morning had a lot to do with that one. Tylenol Cold and Sinus is doing wonders along with the fluids that Jess keeps on me to drink. It was great to be in church for a second week in a row.


After church, Jess and I were treated to a tour of the West Wing of the White House. Thanks so much to our guide--one of the guys I ride bikes with. He was a great host and it was a thrill to see so much history before us. The Oval Office is pretty special.


We were also able to catch a glimpse of the President as he exited Marine One on the South Lawn. We had to peer through a doorway to see it from a distance, but it was still neat to see any President in living color. We even exchanged a few words with Josh Bolten, the new Chief of Staff as he was walking along the colonade.


After the tour was over, we met one of the President's personal photographers as well as seeing the President and First Lady's personal aides. Coming in the gate as we were exiting was none other than Karl Rove. I stared at him for a while to make sure I had it right and he gave us a wave. I wonder who else was in the black SUV? His face was so distinctive it was easy to make out.

No comments: