Friday, August 25, 2006

I rode in to work today on the 'cross bike mainly to show off my handiwork to Thor and Larry. But I hit a few dirt trails on the way and had a good time. I even ended up cranking the Powerhouse section with another commuter. He turned off in Reston.

When I got to work, I was just about to head for the showers when I realized that I hadn't brought any pants to work! That's the first time I've made that mistake and thankfully Jess had the day off. She drove out with a pair of pants and I was showered and ready to go just in time for my 10a meeting.

Jess joined me for lunch at Olive Garden then ran a few errands before I left work early to meet up with David, Onu, and Onu's friend from Cambridge, Keith. We were taking Keith to see the Orioles game and introduce him to the wonderful sport of baseball. Well, at least that was the plan. The traffic on the beltway had other ideas and we were stuck behind a big wreck. It took us two hours to get to the ballpark and we ended up missing the first inning, but after that it was enjoyable.


I sat next to Keith and told him everything I could think of to explain the game. He seemed to have a good time and actually comprehend all that I was spewing out. It wasn't a terribly exciting game, but at least the home team won, pitching very well to shutout the D-Rays 4-0.

No comments: