Thursday, August 17, 2006

I didn't ride in to work today so that I could drop by Leesburg and pick up the bike. Turns out I'm buying it from Jesse Saldana, a former Evo rider. He and his Dad won it down at one of the VACX races last season. His Dad rode it a few times and now just wants to sell it.

I was able to get all the cash I needed from 2 ATM's and cash back at the grocery store. It's funny how hard it can be to get that much cash without going to a teller. I would have used a check, but we haven't gotten any checks yet with our new account.

The transaction went off well. I rode it around a bit in the driveway/street, then forked over the money and was on my way. I'm very pleased with the fit. Even though there's a 90 mm stem on there now, I can tell that with my 120 mm stem, it'll be just fine. The standover is perfect and the frame is pristine. I think the only thing I have against the Javelin so far is that I'm feeling a bit awkward with such a high bottom bracket. That's a remanant of when toe clips were used I'm told.

I rode it around in Bluemont Park in some sand and dirt and plenty of grass. I can already tell that I'm going to handle the bike much better than I did the Sirrus last year. And I'm happy that I've adjusted to drop handlebars well enough that I feel totally comfortable.

No comments: