Saturday, January 28, 2006

Today was the same ride as last week with a small loop taken out. The pace was quicker from the start since the group was smaller and it was a blast to be on the Javelin. The group was myself, Dana, the two Scotts, Bill, and girl from a team Bill was training. She was doing some muscle tensioning intervals, and it was fun to see what happened to the group when she started cranking. She was easily the strongest woman I've ever rode with.

Going up the first hill to the park, I forgot how long it was and made the mistake of slowing down to wait for the group after the first incline. It kept going and after stopping, I didn't have the muscle I needed. I finished up all right, just trailing behind Dana and a DC Velo rider who was doing some hill work at the time.
Later on, going up some hills further out, I looked back and noticed a couple Rockville Harley guys bearing down. At that point I was riding alone up front because I'd gone hard up a hill. But boy did they come strong. The first dude was really moving. I wanted to try my hand at hanging with, but we came to a crossroads and I decided to wait for my guys.

Coming back was pretty uneventful with the exception of an idiot driver pulling over and getting mad after nearly running Dana into me. I had to swerve and go around his stop car and I decided to keep going rather than see what Dana would cook up.
From there, we all joined up again and made our way back into town. My legs weren't feeling nearly as good as they did last week, but they were adequate I guess. Dana was stronger today even though I had the Javelin. I had a lot of fun riding a road bike for a long ride like that and I didn't have any problems with my back during the fifty mile tour.

No stats . . . Avg. was 19 something, 50 miles total.

No comments: