Saturday, January 21, 2006

This was only my second time out on a large group ride and I was pretty excited about it. I got up early this Saturday despite feeling ragged from all the week's riding and getting up at 6. I put an extra water bottle cage on the Sirrus and filled two bottles up with Gatorade for the ride. I also stuck a granola bar in my jersey pocket with my cellphone. I had to hustle to make it to Bicycle Pro Shop in Georgetown by 8a. But I made it in plenty of time and was thrilled to see that there was such a large turnout.

The ride was basically the Sunday ride run backwards and we started off with a large group--the largest I've rode with before. Not more than a mile into the ride, we accidentally went over a big hole and several guys popped flats. We stopped and let them patch the tires, then we were on our way. The pace slowly but surely picked up throughout the ride and the group got smaller and smaller. I was really climbing well and having an absolute blast on all the back roads in Maryland. It was fun to fly down some of those hills and stick with the guys on the Javelin. I love riding with the team.

After the ride, Jess joined me and we rode the five miles to church for the Ultimate frisbee league draft. I'm captaining the Preachers (Red) and we'll be starting up a week from tomorrow.

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Avg HR / Max HR / Odo
53.0 / 2:50:14 / 18.7 / 39.9 / 160 / 228 / 275
2 x 5 miles

No comments: