Thursday, January 19, 2006

I felt the best I have getting up at 6a this week, but unfortunately that was not a sign of things to come on the bike. I immediately felt tired and sluggish and was surprised how much effort was required to turn the crank. My speed was lower and it felt bad. I got a little something going after the Vienna Depot, keeping the speed over 22 mph for a couple miles or so. Thinking I'd gotten out of my funk, I tried to hold a solid pace, but I had slide back a bit. With six miles to go, I mailed it in a bit and decided to ride with my HR around 150 bpm. I rolled into work nice and relaxed.

The stats say it all. I turned in my second slowest speed with my second highest average heart rate. What's that mean? That I'm tired and on a path to overworking. I had a feeling that was coming, so I'll have to try and slow things down a bit in the next few days. A nice "muffin ride" with the boys in the morning should do the trick. Hopefully the weather will warm up enough to make things enjoyable.

I wish I knew why the computer keeps reading out the wrong mileage. It should be around 23.3 miles every time I ride to or from work, but lately it's been weird.

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Avg HR / Max HR / Odo
22.1 / 1:23:30 / 15.9 / 28.8 / 168 / 193 / 205

No comments: