Monday, January 16, 2006

I woke up not feeling too bad, but just as I was about to roll my bike out the door, I noticed my front tire was flat. What a great way to start the week! I popped it off pretty quickly, but couldn't find any leak in the tube. Must be some sort of slow leak. I replaced the tube and went outside. I was just starting up the hill when I realized I was missing my light, so I turned around and went back for it. Once I got all the equipment straightened out, it was great to be back on the bike.

My plans for the weekend all fell through due to weather and prior engagments. But this morning's ride in was my best ride since starting back. My speed was nearly up to the speed I had on Friday PM without any real difference in HR from the slower rides. My legs felt stronger and the gears just seemed to turn over without as much effort. Maybe it was having the iPod back that made the difference. In any case, this was the most fun I've had--even though I was carrying a full load of shoes and clothes.

Today being MLK Day, there weren't too many folks out on the trail in the early morning cold. The weather has gone back to a bit more winter like after the days we've had at 60. My gloves and booties did an adequate job though.

The ride home was more of the same. Another good feeling ride, though not quite as quick as the morning. The sun going down made for some pretty cold temperatures, with it reaching 33 by the time I got home. There are even fewer people out on the roads as you might imagine when it's dark and cold. But I put in the miles and felt good doing it.

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Avg HR / Max HR / Odo
23.3 / 1:21:40 / 17.2 / 28.3 / 161 / 184 / 115
23.3 / 1:23:26 / 16.8 / 29.9 / 158 / 187 / 138

No comments: