Sunday, January 29, 2006

Today was the first day of the annual Memorial Baptist Church Ultimate League. All but one of the team members showed up for our opener against the Gideons. My team is the Preachers and we had some sweet red jerseys with white lettering courtesy of Jess and Lawrie. We played about the way we looked and rolled to a 13-6 win. George nearly killed himself a few times by getting spiked in the knee and then hitting his head on a support wire. But really we made the best of the rainy conditions. Unfortunately, I think we're in for a much tougher road ahead. Our defense wasn't very organized and we relied a lot on long bombs to score points. Next month, we'll play the defending champions, the Judges. Should be exciting.
It's amazing that I can get so sore anytime I switch from an endurance sport to a speed/agility based sport. Everytime I get sore in the hamstrings and random spots all over. From the looks of me a day after I play, you'd think I wasn't in shape at all! I figured that Ultimate was a good enough replacement for riding today, so I took the rest of the day to relax.

No comments: