Wednesday, January 18, 2006

There was a forecast for rain this morning and the weather did not disappoint. The sky was completely overcast and it was pouring when I woke up. That made things very dark in the early hours. Rather than depending on riding the trainer in the evening, I decided to drive in to work with my bike and ride it home. Then I could ride back to work on Thursday and pick up the car.

The ride home was going well until my iPod battery died. I was strong and hammering all the little rises in terrain that are over the first ten miles heading back towards DC. I was upset about having to leave so late despite coming in to work at 7:30a, so I let some of that frustration out on the road it was a blast. Once my battery died, however, I was once again toiling away in the cold darkness. I kept the pace decent and was happy to get home.

My left booty started rubbing the crank arm the way my shoes used to back when I was using toe clips. That made for an annoying squeak on every turn of the crank. All in all, I rode well tonight and I'm glad I didn't let the rain affect my training.

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Avg HR / Max HR / Odo
21.0 / 1:20:24 / 15.7 / 31.3 / 156 / 189 / 183

No comments: