Sunday, November 20, 2005

I got up early this Sunday so I could ride in to support the Earth update. After Friday's feezing ride, I was cautious and wore my ski gloves along with a long sleeve shirt, earband, and booties with thick socks. No deer and plenty of sunlight make for a much more enjoyable ride. My hands were warm and toasty throughout.

After work, I realized exactly what the noise from my rear wheel was. I had a spoke with hardly any tension. It was rattling around. I took the wheel over to my office and put it in the truing stand and tightened it up. Before I tightened it, it was registering a zero on the tension meter.

After Jess picked me up, I went to Performance in search of winter clothing. I picked up a Louis Garneau windbreaker along with a cheap pair of winter gloves. Only time will tell how well they block the wind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you at cross practice this morning. For winter gloves, the best bargain out there are the Performance neoprene gloves -- $20 or so. They can get kind of hot, but they're windproof so you just wind up with wet hands. I've also got a DVD from cycle-smart.com that has some tips on avoiding a stutter-step remount if you want to borrow it.
--b

John said...

Yeah, I couldn't make it out of bed. Running ragged after supporting the launch.

Those are the gloves I picked up I believe. Glad to hear positive things.

I'd love to borrow the video.

This Brad?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's me. I'm traveling for the holiday but I'll look for you at Reston on Sunday if you're going to be there.

If you're in town, come out to the Coppi-hosted race on Saturday -- the course is wicked fun!

John said...

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing 'cross on DVD.

I'd def. be at the Tacchino, but I'm going home to NC. Kills me to miss it since it's the last points scoring MABRA race.