Thursday, September 22, 2005

Today wasn't a day of training. It should have been, but there just wasn't time. I had planned on getting a run in since I'm in the process of transforming my bike for cyclocross. I stopped by Performance and bought a CCP-2, CCP-4, a cheap pair of sunglasses, and an allen wrench set. I also bought Jobst Brandt's book on building bike wheels. I didn't get home though till around 10p and decided to work on my bike rather than go for a run in the dark. I got the crank off with the CCP-2. That allowed me to finally get the small chain ring off the bike. After that, I did my usual cleaning routine . . . cassette, brakes, frame, derailleurs, etc. I'll put the crank and chain back on tomorrow and see if I can't resolve the problem with the front derailleur. Then hopefully I'll get to ride some on my new pedals and shoes! I've got to learn clipless pedals fast if I'm going to survive on Sunday.

No comments: