Friday, September 09, 2005

After work today, I drove Pat home to pick up the wheel covers. They arrived as scheduled and I was on my way home before long. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to install them as we were in a rush to get out of town as soon as possible. Jess saved us a lot of time by packing a list I'd prepared. Still though, it took a while to get everything loaded in and on the car, check the directions, and finally push off. We left Arlington at 7:15p. Jess drove the first leg and made it all the way to the I-85 exit off of I-95. That sent her through the fun of Richmond. We were both exhausted and neither one of us really wanted to drive. I was just drifting off to sleep when we stopped at Wendy's to grab food. I took over not long after that and drove the rest of the way to China Grove. We navigated quite well and found the South Rowan YMCA without too much trouble. The location was ideal for sleeping in the car. It's a rural area and so there weren't any lights to keep us awake this time. We just pulled down in to the parking lot next to the library and called it a night. It was around 1:30 when we drifted off. A long day and a longer night. It goes without saying that I didn't ride or run today. Tomorrow there will be plenty of that.

No comments: