Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The laziness continues unabated. I'm a slacker right now. I haven't been riding to work lately and it's hard to find any other time to workout. I'd start back tomorrow, but I have to make it back to Arlington early to help out. So I'm stuck getting fat I guess. I'm planning on racing this weekend in MABRA race #2. Hopefully I can have a good race.

I took in my frame today and had Pat check out the bottom bracket. He and I both agree that at least it's bone dry of lubricant. It binds more than it should and since it's a cartridge, I ordered a replacement from Nashbar as well as a tool to remove the current cartridge. A new repair to learn! Haha. Sad how much I enjoy this. I did put my bike back together this evening though. I gave the rear derailleur a detailed cleaning and pulled out quite a bit of grass from the cassette. Cross is really hard on my bike compared to all the time I spend on the road. I'll probably be riding in on Friday so I put the road tires back on. The aero bars will return at some point.

You can see that I finally updated the blog. That took a lot of writing, but I think I covered most all of what's happened in a very eventful last week of training. In short, I discovered the sport of cyclocross and have taken to it with reckless abandon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fans await your latest post!
It is too hard digging out race results on my own...20th out of 36 is not too bad seeing how you are a rookie.;-)jb

John said...

I hear ya Dad, if only I can get time to update! You can find last weekend's results here. I raced the 'B' section this time only and didn't do so bad. Supposedly there were 60 entrants. Trying to update tonight. We'll see.