Friday, September 02, 2005

I was about to ride out the door in my MIT Jersey for the first time, when I noticed that my rear wheel had gone flat during the night. The glueless patch I had used yesterday was leaking, but not having any alternatives, I pumped up the tire and rode on with the slow leak. I was fine until mile 16 when I felt how much air the tube had lost. I stopped and filled it back up and rode the rest of the way to work. It was flat in my office by 10a. I pumped it back up to ride to Subway for lunch. Jess and I are off to Florida tonight, so I'll be focusing exclusively on running for the next three days. That should set me up nicely for the race a week from tomorrow. The race is the Seth Wyatt Cobb Duathlon in China Grove, NC. It'll be my first race on North Carolina soil since my last track race in High School. That was a post season meet across from the RBC Center in Raleigh, NC.

Pat bought a wheel cover that is basically a poor man's version of a disc wheel. Supposedly they were popular in the 80's but now CH Aero seems to be the only one available. The band of bike geeks is growing. With Pat, Eric, and myself riding to Orbital nearly everyday, we're doing our part to conserve gas.

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Odo
36.83 / 1.16.34 / 28.8 / 47.9 / 1300.5

No comments: