Saturday, September 24, 2005

After being up late last night, it was nice to have a Saturday to enjoy. I did wake up around 9a however and I drove to Performace in the Bailey's Crossing area to check out shoes. I settled on a well fitting pair of Shimano MO-021's that were conveniently on sale. I also got a book on moutain biking for the area to use with my new mountain bike! I drove home and chilled for a bit watching football before I drove to Garrett Park, MD to pick up the bike.

I really enjoyed the drive around Garrett Park. It's a beuatiful area I wouldn't mind living in, though I'm sure housing prices are a bit prohibitive at this point. The bike was in great shape and I rode it around just briefly to see how it felt. I knew I could tune it to perfection and I was excited to finally have a mountain bike again. The seller was nice enough to give me a book about area rides as well, making my earlier purchase a waste. I drove the bike home and immediately started working on it.

I only had time to work for about an hour before I had to meet my bible study group for disc golfing at Bluemont Park. I was surprised how well I played for not having thrown in a while. I shot 30 for the nine hole course. I rode over on the Sirrus with my new shoes, then rode to the Silver Diner, where we all ate supper together. I spent the rest of the night cleaning the mountain bike and adjusting it to perfection. I probably should have spent more time working on the bike I'll race tomorrow, and I definitley shouldn't have stayed up till 1:30a working on anything. Oh well, tomorrow should be exciting no matter how tired I am.

No comments: