Thursday, February 16, 2006

Matt called me at work today with some bad news. My bike will be delayed again because the seatpost diameter it needs is an enormous 32.4 mm! That surprised Matt and myself, so there'll be a delay while they order me one that fits. What's one more day?

I made quick use of the beuatiful weather today by leaving a bit early from work to get a ride in. The weather was in the sixties and nearly all the snow has melted, so I hit the Custis Trail to the W&OD ala Friday morning rides and then rode out to East Falls Church before turning around. Just past the EFC metro, there were a few patches of slush which cyclocross tires would have handled easily. Other than that, everything was clear.

Jess called me on my way back and met me on the Custis Trail. We rode that back to where it connects to the Mt. Vernon trail and took a break looking out onto the Potomac. When the sun went down, the temperature dropped and I was chilled pretty fast. We rode home following Jess' commute.
I focused my entire time of staying in Zone 2 (144-153 HR). It's quite difficult to stay within that thin band of effort, but I did my best. I rode for an additional thirty minutes on the trainer when I got home and there it proved much easier to hit the right Zone.

It's great to be back on the bike after the bad weather forced me off and laziness kept me from the trainer. I should finally--if shipping runs a scheduled--pick up my new Javelin tomorrow!

No comments: