Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It was a blessing that the skies opened up again today. I could have done without the snow, but the precipitation kept me from riding in to work today. I'm running a bit tired, so I took advantage of the day away from commuting to sleep a bit later.

Yesterday, the group came for the bike I'm building up for Jess. The shifters, cassette, and derailleurs are all Shimano 105. The rest will be coming in from Bikeman shortly. The bike is a Surly Cross-Check. My hopes are to slowly break her in to cyclocross and this bike will at least allow her to mess around on the course before races. If nothing else, at least her back will stop hurting from riding a bike with too long a top tube.

Tonight before violin, I rode the trainer for only thirty minutes. My legs are feeling the miles of the past few days, so I spun easy. I actually had to work to get my HR into Zone 2, so I settled for some easy Zone 1 recovery work. I did a few one legged drills while watching Sportscenter.

No comments: