Sunday, February 26, 2006

I woke up at 8a this morning to catch Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne live on cycling.tv. It was really cool to see a big Euro race live and it only fueled my motivation to race harder. The race was won by Nick Nuyens of Quick.Step with Tornado Tom taking Third. I was about 15 mins late to church because of the race.

I took a day off from cycling of my own since today was the second round of our Church Ultimate league. My team, the Preachers, dominated the Judges 14-1. We controlled every aspect of the game and frankly I was surprised how well we played without two of our players. Our defense was suffocating and helped by the strong winds. Luis and Vitaly really stepped it up and scored almost half our points.


I was hungry after yesterday to be out riding, but the weather was really cold and windy, so I'm glad I just played ultimate. My left achilles was a bit sore, but didn't get any worse during the game. I tried to rest it as much as possible.

Speaking of rest, I needed lots of it after not getting much sleep this week. I passed out after the game and slept from 3p to 7p. I did manage to get up and cook supper before heading off to bed again. Hopefully this week I won't be so reluctant to get out of bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice shirts!

:)

lawrie

John said...

Darn right. You girls did a great job. We've been playing as good as we look too, so it's even better.

Anonymous said...

Dude, we will so take you guys down in the last game that doesn't matter. I've been training. I plan to play the whole game. Bring it!

Randy

John said...

We'll be ready, don't worry.