Saturday, February 11, 2006

I was scheduled to go for a long MTB ride with Kosta and Judd this morning. But the weather had other ideas and we had to call it before we even left. The snow didn't start until much later in the day, but it rained until then and made for some pretty miserable conditions. After spending last night getting the bike looking great and running smooth, it was pretty disappointing not to get out there and ride.

I drove out to Fitness Concepts with Jess for testing later in the day. I did the VO2Max test which consisted of riding on a trainer with an oxygen mask on while the wattage I had to output kept increasing. My results were a bit odd seeing as my VO2Max was 87.6 mL/kg/min. That's ridicoulous considering it's higher than Lance and just below Lemond. My hunch and that of Ken Mierke, the tester, was that there was a leak in the mask. I'll be back soon to retest.

I did get some valuable information from the test and that was my HR training zones and my power at lactate threshold, 270 W. Max power was 380 W. When we left, snow as covering the ground a visiblity wasn't so hot, but we made it home safe and sound. Hopefully it won't be too long before everything melts.



Zone 1: 133-143
Zone 2: 144-153
Zone 3: 154-173
Zone 4: 174-186
Zone 5a: 187-190
Zone 5b: 191-194
Zone 5c: 195+

No comments: