Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I woke up this morning at the regular time of 6a and was about to put on my cheststrap when I looked at the weather. It was in the high twenties and the wind was blowing against my commute. I wimped out and decided to drive in. I'd forgotten to leave my shoes at work yesterday, so I wasn't thrilled about hauling those around anyways.

My plan was to ride with Keith and Thor at lunch. The twenty mile ride out to Leesburg would suit me just fine. Unfortunately, there was an ACS Analysis and Simulation all hands meeting at lunch, so I had to opt for the free pizza instead.

As soon as I got back from lunch, I placed my order with Javelin for a 2005 53 cm Amarone. I've been assuming all along that I'd get a Brunello since that's what the guys on the team have. But when I called Rob Henley of Javelin this morning, I found out our contract had expired and so the price had increased. The increase was enough to send me looking for options, so I opted to go with the Amarone, which was around the price of the earlier Brunello price. The only difference between the two bikes is that the Brunello is Scandium Aluminum with a Carbon rear triangle. The Amarone is all Dedacciai U2 Aluminum tubing. I figure I'll lose a bit of comfort in the rear end, but I'll still have a very capable bike. Too bad I couldn't get the '06 Amarone as it's now being produced as monocoque carbon fiber.

Tonight, things ran long and I had no time to get any work in. Frustrating, but other things took precedence. The weather this week is really sucking, so I don't know if I want to brave it all week.

No comments: