Sunday, February 19, 2006

After church, I chilled out in the apartment doing laundary and riding the trainer. I rode for only an hour, but kept the HR within Zone 2 while watching some cross country skiing on the Olympics. I did a few sets of one legged drills before calling it a day and hitting the showers.

I've got to keep an eye on my calfs. Just like they did after every major running race, they're tied up in knots and put a lot of stress on my Achilles. Right now both Achilles are pretty sore, so I've got to be careful so that I don't make them flare up to where I can't ride. It's easy to keep things easy on the trainer, but right now I definitely shouldn't be standing up and climbing/hammering.

I'm really excited about today's start of the Tour of California. It's the first time I'll see an exciting race since I caught the cycling bug. I can't wait to see how all the big name Americans do. It's a real shame that the coverage is only on ESPN2 at 1am. I guess I'll just have to tape it this week.

No comments: