Friday, June 09, 2006

My legs were feeling a little bit sore from my return to riding with yesterday's up tempo effort. So what did I do about that? Go to the front and keep the pace of the Muffin ride up from it's usual relaxed pace. I rode on the front chatting with Chris Larsen (former Cat 1 of Snow Valley) so we weren't really going all that hard. Near the end of the ride, Chris suggested I put in a 3-4 minute hard effort to open up the legs for tomorrow. I was all for going fast, so I gave it a try once we were in the clear along the river. From there I waited at the Key Bridge and then we went hard up the incline back to the Java Shack. Bernard was tailing me as I spun a steady 20 mph. I bolted as soon as the ride was done and I continue to be in need of sleep. I've slept very well the past two nights, so I think I'm making progress. But I think I'll need to catchup somwhere this weekend with an afternoon nap. Sunday's always a winner.

No comments: