Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I woke up today with plans of commuting in to work. I haven't commuted back-to-back days in quite a while and my badge of commuting honor will soon be taken away if I don't start riding more. But the reason I've been lax about riding in is that I am too often waking up feeling like mud. I'm not sleeping more than 7 hours usually. That's probably enough for most adults, but I don't think it is for me. I wake up feeling exhausted and worn-out. I don't think my last few hours of sleep are ever very good. Instead, I'm tossing and turning about wondering when it's time to get up. Without sleeping in on the weekends becuase of racing and riding, I rarely ever seem to catch up. So, inevitably, today, I tried to lay around a bit before finally giving up and driving in. I should say that my legs feel fine. They're a bit tired from the weekend, but they don't feel all that bad. I wish I would have commuted today--or at least brought my bike and rode with the guys at lunch. But I didn't.

No comments: