Monday, June 12, 2006

I woke up this morning determined to commute, but it was pouring outside so I had to opt for the car. I was able to get right on the bike when I got home, however, and I made up for the loss of ride time. I rode down to Hains Point and practiced throwing in attacks every now and then. Basically I spun a solid but easy pace until I felt like moving and then I did. I rode mostly alone with a few folks riding occaisonally giving me a draft.

After riding for about 1:10 at Hains, I left and decided to explore DC just a bit. I rode up to Capitol Hill and made my rounds at the Supreme Court and Library of Congress before riding down Constitution and then around a few streets before making my way to M street and finishing up through Georgetown and as usual across Key Bridge to home. The ride ended up being 35 miles. A great non-commute effort. It's nice to get that long of a ride in during the week.

No comments: