Thursday, April 13, 2006

The ride in this morning wasn't all that memorable with the exception of the wet conditions on the roads. There wasn't any rain to contend with, but the paths were damp and so was the air. I got to work just fine.

The afternoon ride was really where the effort came. I decided to ride with OrbVelo out to Leesburg and back. OrbVelo is the club we have at work for guys geeked up about riding bikes. We had three new guys, myself and Thor. The pace was nice and easy all the way out to Leesburg and on the way back Thor and I did all the pulling. It was a great way to sneak in an extra twenty miles before my evening commute.

On the way home, I rode alongside a Potomac Velo rider heading to Herndon for the big group ride. When we got to Herndon, I was amazed at the turnout. There were upwards of a hundred riders in the parking lot there. I stopped briefly to chat with Bill Gros and Dana. Judd and Melanie were there too. It was pretty great to see that many folks out for a group ride. I really wanted to stick around and add even more miles, but I needed to get home. It's a shame that I'm moving my violin lessons to Thursday next week for a month, otherwise I could easily make this ride.

I was in need of some food and drink, so I pulled into the gas station near Performance on the trail and got a Snickers and Powerbar. I woofed down the Snickers and snacked on the Powerbar along the way. I couldn't resist bumping up the pace a tad bit on the way home. The weather was gorgeous and I was feeling strong--though I started to feel the effects of a 66 mile day in my legs.
Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Odo
23.6 / 1:20:24 / 17.6 / 28.5 / 1100.4
42.84 / 2:17:45 / 18.6 / 32.5 / 1144.3

No comments: