Monday, April 17, 2006

It was raining when I got up and it started pouring midway through my drive to work. I made a great call by not riding this morning as I would have been forced to pull over. I loaded my bike in the car with the intention of riding at lunch, but the rain didn't subside by then and I was left having to ride after work. That wasn't all bad as Will was able to join me then and we headed out towards Leesburg.

We rode for an hour and a half or so and the pace was quick. We rode mostly side-by-side without drafting and chatted about various upcoming races and such. Will wisely took yesterday off and I think his legs were a bit more rested than mine. But we plugged along nonetheless. The wind was about as calm as I can remember riding West on the W&OD that far out. The weather was just a bit cool--perfect for riding.

Will and I obviously have a tendency to ride fast when were together and today developed into a solid tempo ride. Will wanted some hard efforts and I think we accomplished that by our pace. I'll be looking for a rest the rest of the week--with the exception being Wednesday's hill ride. I race on Sunday, and I'll probably need that extra day.
Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Odo
28.63 / 1:29:30 / 19.8 / 32.1 / 1344.4

No comments: