Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jess and I were slow off the mark getting out of Arlington, but we had a nice breakfast and a good ride down to Charlottesville before making it out to the course around 2p. I rode one lap and called it a day. There will be three laps in total for a full race of thirty miles. I was really stupid and didn't cooldown and that left a lot of crap in my legs, but I'm hungry and I doubt it'll matter.

The course seems perfect for me. There are a couple of decent climbs and lots of rollers. The wind doesn't seem to be much of a problem, so I'm fairly sure I'll be involved in some sort of break tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to racing.

As soon as Jess and I were heading to the hotel, tons of racers started to show up to check out the course. I was bummed that I had to ride it alone before everyone showed up, but who knows, maybe that's foreshadowing? Haha. We'll see.

No comments: