Monday, March 27, 2006

After going to bed very late last night (note the post time of my last entry), I felt like garbage getting up at 6a. But I managed to gather my things and start pedaling and really it made for a nice ride. I did a ride the way I should be doing more often: slow and relaxed. I kept the chain on the small ring for the duration of the ride and basically spun the whole time--hence the average speed of 15.8 mph.

The ride home was a stark contrast. Will joined me and even though we didn't intend to, we started rockin'. I was chatting with him about the weekend and my legs felt great. This ride was cool because we ended up passing Mel and Judd on the trail. They were riding MTB's and we had just started to turn up the pace, so they were gone quickly. But more surprising was running into Brian Jacokes just before Gallows Rd. He's home on spring break. The best part about this ride, however, was wearing only shorts and a jersey. With temps approaching 60, I could just ride comfortably without arm warmers. I think spring is finally here. *knock on wood*

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Odo
23.52 / 1:29:52 / 15.8 / 26.9 / 648.9
23.41 / 1:14:39 / 18.8 / 30.3 / 672.3

No comments: