Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Forecasts of rain and lack of sleep kept me from riding in this morning. I had planned to ride at work during lunch, but a meeting kept me busy instead. I have no problem taking a day off at this point, but I hate to miss a day of sixty degree weather. It did rain on the commute home, so I avoided that at least.

On another note, the USCF is being a stickler about upgrade rules. From what I've heard the upgrade from 5-4 is merely a technicality and with good performances, generally waved. Well I've done seven races at this point and won three times. So obviously I'm anxious for more competition. But I'll have to wait until the 23rd when I race the Carl Dolan Memorial Circuit Race. To that end, I will race twice this weekend, Saturday at the Kirkwood Road Race in PA and on Sunday at the Tyson's Corner Circuit Race. Hopefully I'll get my upgrade on the 23rd, because I also registered today for the Tour de Moore 3/4 race. It's in Moore County, NC which is close to my family. I'm excited to race in the Carolinas and especially to be racing 55 miles.

No comments: