Thursday, March 30, 2006

I strapped on the HRM for the first time in a while. The speed sensor stopped working about a month ago, and I stopped wearing it. I can't justify a new one just yet with the prospect of a 'cross bike on the horizon, so I've been riding by feel instead. I put it on today so that I wouldn't be tempted to ride faster than I should after the sprints yesterday. I kept my HR in Zone 2 for the duration and felt fine doing it. It's much easier for me to do that now. I just keep the chain on the small ring and spin my way to work. I was actually a little bit faster than I have been lately in the AM, but that's fine because I certainly was holding back. My legs felt a lot better after the ride.

The forecast shows rain up in Kirkwood, PA at 9:00. So I may experience my first road race in the rain. Cyclocross in the rain is part of it, and I suppose it's a part of road as well--just not one I'm looking forward to experiencing. I am, however, looking forward to racing no matter what.

I rode home up to Vienna with Will again, and we went a little bit faster than I should have, but nothing stupid. Mostly just chatting about all the races he's going to be missing due to his "committments." I like giving him a hard time about the fact that he actually does things other than ride bikes. I mean, seriously. Why in the world would you rather go see family than race?

Dist / Time / Avg / Max / Odo
23.63 / 1:24:51 / 16.7 / - / 743.2

No comments: