Friday, May 12, 2006

Maybe it was the dream last night meeting Tyler Hamilton at a ski slope, or maybe it was just that I didn't ride yesterday because of all the rain, but whatever the reason, my legs FINALLY felt the way I want them to feel. Granted, this was just the Muffin Ride, but I was ready to rock when I rolled out of the apartment. I cranked up 15th St. in the big ring and felt fast. It really is a shame that I'm not racing this weekend.

Cusmano was there, in only his second week back after breaking his collarbone. Dana, James, Peter, and a few others. The pace was nice and controlled and I chatted with Dana for the first half of the ride. We picked up Scott and Joe Metro at the W&OD as usual and continued on our way, Ken Woodrow and a few others joined up at various locations.

Going up the long slow climb back to the Java Shack, I had to get things moving a bit with the way my legs were feeling. I got the HR up to 180 and I felt great. If I wasn't trying to get out of town after work this evening, I would have enjoyed actaully staying for the Muffin part of the ride. But alas, it was off to Sterling for me--and in a car.

No comments: