Sunday, May 14, 2006

Original plans for the day called for a 50+ mile ride in Montgomery Co. with Will, but rain for most of the day prevented that. Instead, I watched Ivan Basso destroy the field in the Giro and was so inspired that I had to do a little hill riding of my own.

I finally got a break in the weather at 7p and went out for sixty minutes of hell. I rode over to the North Arlington hills around Military Rd. and rode up nearly every steep slope I could find. I did a few of the regular intervals and threw in a few new ones and explored the area.

I'm still having some trouble with my rear derailleur and the chain not running smoothly through the pulleys when I'm in the small chain rings and approaching the small cogs. I may have to get that fixed before any real big hilly races because it becomes a problem when I'm really climbing fast.

My legs felt terrific and I was hammering up the hills. Unfortunately, my cooldown couldn't be nearly long enough since the sun was going down, so my legs probably won't feel as good tomorrow. I probably should have hopped on a trainer, but I enjoyed the series finale of West Wing instead.

No comments: