Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The same crew as last week showed up for the hill ride this morning. Butts even showed up on time, but he wasn't a factor in the workout since he's racing CapTech tomorrow and wast taking it easy. I didn't have a chance to hit the trainer before I got out the door, but I spun my legs up as much as possible before we hit the first interval.

On the first interval, I sat behind Peter until the first hill and then went to the lead. Brad followed behind me and eventually pulled up alongside me. He went stroke for stroke with me until the last stretch when I slowly pulled away a bit. I tried attacking hard on the second interval and got a decent gap coming off Military Rd. But the pack reeled me in with ease and I had to fight my way up the long gradual climb. Brad was again up there and I had to again sprint him off in the last little bit. The third interval was more of the same, with the exception that old man Bellora let out his usual kick up the Muur and left Brad and I in the dust. Even a patch of gravel before the climb couldn't stop his enthusiasm for the steep rise. The final interval was an exact repeat of last week. I attacked hard on Military and gapped everyone. Then I climbed the first hill hard and chilled the rest of the way. Brad was just back at the finish, but there was just too big a gap.

After the workout, Brad and I stayed behind with John Larson to wait for him to switch out a tube. I was avoiding work mostly and was happy to take a breather before rolling back to the Shack. Good workout today. Brad is really coming on strong and pushes me a great deal. It's a lot different from chasing Brian, but I'm working hard. My rear derailleur is getting worse. It looks like I may have to replace it soon. Maybe I can get it done before Rapho this weekend?

No comments: