Sunday, December 11, 2005

My flight was out of Providence, which meant I didn't have access to a car today, so I opted to enjoy my time rather than try to get out to the racecourse with my luggage and then to the airport. Instead, I hung around Boston until noon and went for a run with Schmeck.

It still feels great to be running again. I wanted to head West some, since I hadn't yet crossed Mass. Ave., so we decided to run over Summit Ave. and return. That made the usual Reservoir loop short enough to fit my regimen.

I could feel a bit more aches and pains than I have in the last few days. Nothing really critical, just mainly some spots around my kneecaps from all the pounding running brings. I think my shoulders are gradually getting used to doing work again after not moving during all the riding I've done.

I ran the hill well enough and with Schmeck's encouragement kept it going till the top. I jogged in place a bit to catch my breath and then we made our way slowly down the long side. I really want to bring my bike out here and try that hill.

I picked it up for a little less than a quarter mile as we finished along Mass Ave. It was really the first time I've pushed the pace any since I started back running. It didn't feel too rough. I was smooth enough and my legs are still feeling strong. Let the miles roll.

No comments: