Thursday, December 08, 2005

I couldn't let it go two days without some mileage or else my start wouldn't really have been all that serious. After work, Jess rode alongside me as we braved the cold to get in a nice seven miles. We ran across Memorial Bridge and down the North side of the Mall to the White House Ellipse. There we checked out the display of trees decorated from all of the fifty states and other territories. I got the staple comment, "He's crazier'n hell." From some guy staring at me running by. Really people, the winters down here are a joke as far as training is concerned. They could plow and salt a bit better, but the cold's really not an issue this early in the game. I felt fairly strong. I'm not having any cardio troubles on these runs, which has been a plesant surprise. My quads remain sore from starting back. Now it's off to Union Station and the ride North.

No comments: