Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jess had a piano lesson, so I dropped her off there and parked the car behind the library. I ran to the Custis trail and took it all the way to the intersection with the W&OD where I took my old route home to where it intersects with Wilson. From there I ran back to the library for a total of five solid miles.

I had originally planned to only run three, but I felt so good doing it, I figured I'd just fill all the time until Jess' lesson was over. My legs were sharp and I had plenty of pop in my stride. Man did it feel good to be "Back Out of the Saddle Again." I'm sure I'll have some soreness tomorrow from using muscles that have been taking a break for a while, but it felt like I picked up right where I left off.

I'm starting to believe that running good mileage everyday and dropping in a few workouts, I can actually make some noise in four weeks when I head back to MIT for the Alumni Meet. I'm not sure what I can do, but it will be fun finding out.

On another note, I'm toying with the idea of going to Cyclocross Nationals to take pictures and report on what I see.

No comments: