Monday, September 25, 2006

I got back on the bike the morning bright and early for the commute. My right knee is still a bit sore as are my back and my right calf. The weather was downright chilly and I wore my windbreaker for the duration of the ride. I might have even used gloves if I'd had them handy.

I kept the pace to exactly what it should be a day after such a hard effort. My HR rarely ever peeked over 150 and I kept it below even base training pace for most of the time. It's nice to see that the trail is getting less crowded as the weather gets colder. 'Cross season is fully upon us.

It's been hard not thinking about yesterday's win, but once I got the race summary written up, I started to turn my mind towards next week's race at Lilypons. I think it will only get tougher from here. Todd should be ready for more battle and MikeO will surely be looking for redemption.

The ride home from work was great. I had a tailwind the whole way. The temperature was perfect and the sun was out. Since I left at 3p to get home early, the trail was pretty empty as well. I hit tempo for only about five minutes and the rest of the time was easy. A good recovery day.

1 comment:

dk said...

Awesome race man! Wish I was up front to see it. Nice job.