Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I endured another long commute on the 'cross bike and in the morning I felt like I was near bonking. I need a rest most likely and some food. But I made it in ok--albeit late and then after work I rode over to Lake Fairfax again for 'cross practice.

I worked more on the step through and I'm definitely getting more comfortable. I may even use it in the race on Sunday. Unclipping the left foot will be the last piece and I'm not sure when I'll add that. Right now, it's just too much to think about.

Practice today wasn't quite as productive as yesterday. After doing barriers, we rode laps on a short and long course that Judd had set up. I rode it decently and enjoyed the long run up he put in, but I certainly wasn't riding away from anyone. I'm not sure how it is I won a race with some of the guys there sucking my wheel. If they ride like they did today, but in the race on Sunday, perhaps we'll have a little bit better result from our crew. My technical skills still need tons of work. But I have improved.

George hooked me up with a ride home again. Thank God, because my legs needed a break. I'll be taking it super easy tomorrow and Friday, then Saturday will be off since I'll be in NC for my cousin's wedding.

Shockingly, my win on Sunday impressed folks enough that they gave me my cyclocross upgrade to Cat. 3. I'm now Cat. 3 on the road and the dirt. Now to make those both 2's . . . may be a bit tougher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Continue to get similar results and you will be a 2 easy. Hit the first MAC weekend and score some points so that you get call-up's the rest of the way. Starting in the 1st two rows will make life a lot easier.