Monday, October 31, 2005

I got out the door right on time this morning, the first day of commuting since the time change. My pack was loaded down again to restock my clothing supply at work. My legs were feeling normal and the ride was easy. I still say that 1.5 hours alone on a bike does strange things to the brain. I did manage not to bonk though.

I tried something new for the ride home. I headed out along the W&OD in the opposite direction as I normally do. I rode towards Leesburg and saw ten miles of the trail I hadn't seen before. It's a great section of trail. It's mostly rural areas with very few road crossings--perfect for holding tempo. It was very dark not long after I left work and my crappy light doesn't help. I had to slow the pace a bit to be safe. Jess picked me up in Leesburg and we checked out Mars with her 'scope.

No comments: