Monday, October 24, 2005

Today, I am 22 years of age. The "double-deuce" as I like to call it. A lot has changed since my last birthday: a new city, a new sport, no school, and a new job. Life is coming fast. The cake was delicious.


The weather from all the hurricanes continues to make things miserable. It rained most of today, so I stayed inside to enjoy my birthday. I started cleaning up my bike which is quite the mess after Granogue. I shouldn't have let the chain sit after coming home because a lot of rust developed and I'm having a tough time getting it all off. I'm letting the chain soak in Simple Green tonight and hopefully tomorrow I can scrub the last remanants off the chain and cassette.

On a more troubling note, my front hub may be lost. I was cleaning up the wheels when I felt the bearings in the hubs grinding. I don't have cone wrenches of the correct size to check it out just yet, but it doesn't sound good at all. I'm not sure if it's becuase of all the rain and mud or if the beating of cross courses has done it. But in any case I need to get things fixed as soon as possible. The wheelset was brand new a the start of the season. Fortunately, the rear wheel seems fine.

The MABRA standings were finally updated and my Iron Cross Lite points put me 18th with 14 points.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JB. Larry N here. Your parents told me to checkout your cake. Happy 22 big boy!!!!!!!!!! Your blog sight is interesting. I have a birthday this weekend. the big 54. Not much to say. Send me an email from time to time.

John said...

Thanks for the note. Happy Birthday to you as well. Keep reading the blog. Hope all is well back in Albemarle.