Thursday, October 13, 2005

As has become customary on Thursdays, I got no work in. But today was also disappointing in another area. I had a lead on two great bikes off CraigsList, only to have both of them fall through at the last minute. I was really excited about both of the bikes, but I guess it's better to keep that money in my pocket anyways. I don't really have the cash to spend. The Sirrus lives on as my lone road/cross bike.

I did, however, stop by Lowes on the way home today and buy some PVC to make cyclocross barriers. I followed the plans at BikeMan.com and they were a cinch to construct. They look great and should work wonders. I can carry them in my backpack down to Bluemont Park and use them for practice. Total cost was just under $17.

I forgot to mention earlier in the week that my tenth place finish (poor competition though there was) earned me six MABRA series points. That puts me 25th in the current Men's B standings.

No comments: