Monday, March 17, 2008

Tempo Tempo

Today was the first hint of intensity so far this season--other than the brief spots on Saturday. It was simple tempo ride home from work. Basically all I have to do to get a good tempo ride is do what my instincts want to do: ride fast. I tried to focus on being either in the drops or aero on the hoods. I flew by a lot of people and the stoplights were good rest for me. I guess that makes me the 'bike trail guy' for today, but I must say that it was fun to ride fast again. My legs felt surprisingly strong and since the wind was calm, that translated into some respectable speeds. This being my first workout of the year, I think I probably went a bit too fast and spent more time above threshold than I really should have. But hey, live a little, eh?

2 comments:

BB said...

So let me get this right...you took 2nd in a cat 3 race on Saturday and you started training ... today?

jared said...

Congrats on the "results." I am psyched that you have started racing and glad you are going to knock that upgrade out.

I have some glasses for you at the shop. Maybe I will send them with Terry or Bryan next Saturday.