Monday, October 15, 2007

So this weekend I made the trip to Florida for my grandmother and grandfather-in-law's 80th and 90th birthdays respectively. Of course this meant no biking and I brought along my running shoes to get some work in. But we all know how these things go and without having a bike I wasn't highly motivated. Instead of doing a race simulation type workout that I would have done back home in Arlington, I got nothing done and ate like a hog. So instead of ending my third build week with a killer workout, I took two days off cold turkey. Bummer.

I'm at least well rested, but I think now I'm going to throw in some anaerobic work tomorrow afternoon and then commence the rest week of spinning and skills work that I originally had planned. It'll probably be 3 sets of 4x90s all out. I figure if I do this, I'll stop panicking about my fitness going into this weekend, the first of the MAC series. I need to be on my game for that since I won't be getting a call-up and the comp will be fierce.

3 comments:

Chris said...

For Granogue they'll be staging everyone that had points last year. You scored points at Granogue putting you 45th in the final standings. Worst case that puts you on the 6th row, but that's assuming that everyone in front you races.

I'll bet you're 4th row...maybe 3rd.

John said...

Cool. That won't be too bad then. I think you meant Cap. Cross though. I didn't make it up to Granogue last year.

Chris said...

yeah...Reston...i just have Granogue on the brain. 8-) seeya on Sat.