Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well, I haven't posted in a long long time. And I missed quite a bit. I raced twice in an attempt to get eight points in a single weekend. I finished 2nd up in PA on the Saturday with help from an amazing lead out train of Steve Robinson and Tomas. But I didn't fare quite as well on Sunday in Richmond--finishing 11th in a crit. So I'm still needing a 4th place finish to upgrade and it looks like I won't have time to race before Toona. I had a week after that of the highest mileage I've ever rode--commuting nearly every day and doing 90 miles on Thursday, having to ride the last hour in near darkness. But unfortunately that Thursday was the last day I rode--with the exception of one Wednesday hill ride. Jess came home on that Friday and torrential rains kept me from riding outdoors and then I had to move. Moving sucks, let me tell you. I had to take Friday off from work to get everything out of the old apartment. But my new place is right off the bike trail and saves 15 mins of commute time. It should be great--if I ever get to ride my bike! I've been driving of late because I can't spare the time in the day right now with unpacking and the lead up to the event in exactly ten days. Jess and I are ready for these stressful two weeks to be up and to be relaxing on a beach in NC. Until then, it's work work work and try to catch the Tour when possible. I wish I had more to write about. I was getting in a groove of regular writing and then events conspired to ruin all that. I'll try and write if and when I get back on a bike in the next two weeks. But after that it's at least another week of no posts because I'm leaving the laptop at home.

1 comment:

Matt Donahue said...

Good that you are leaving the laptop at home! There are some events that demand all of your focus.

All of your loyal blog followers will be waiting when you return.

All the best for the big event!