Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I emailed Lin-Mark today about why my name hadn't appeared in the results of the duathlon on Sunday. I was amazed that I received a response in minutes of my sending the note, giving me my time for the three mile run and first transition (17:22 pace 5:48 and 0:37 trans.). You can see my out of format entry alone at the bottom of the page. I'm a little surprised to think that I was the only DNF of the entire race, so I'm wondering if Lin-Mark just didn't bother with any others there may have been. Schmeck had some good commentary on the results, which I posted as a comment to the raceday entry. Please, comments are welcomed, just click on the link at the bottom of the day's entry and tell me any thoughts you might have on how things are going.


Cane Creek Brake Pads Posted by Picasa

I don't think I've mentioned the details here before, but I should explain that we've got a bet going in the office between Pat and myself. Any day that one of us rides in from Arlington on the bike that the other doesn't, $5 changes hands. We've been doing this for about three weeks now and mostly we just hold serve. I'm up $10 overall. Today, I drove in knowing Pat was planning to drive. I'm hoping to use that as recovery so I can finally get a run in this evening.

I did manage to put in three miles before supper today. I ran down into Rosslyn and across the Key Bridge to Georgetown, where I picked up the C&O Canal Trail for just a bit before turning back. It felt good to be running again in regular running shorts. The potato chips I woofed down before going out on the run, however, weren't too tasty when I finished.


TM-1 Posted by Picasa

I brought home the truing stand and Pat's TM-1 Park Spoke Tension Meter in hopes of getting my wheels just right, but I didn't get around to it. Looks like I'll drive in tomorrow and do it at work. Then hopefully I can get at least three miles in before my violin lesson.

3 Miles

No comments: