Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I drove Jess to her piano lesson again, so I parked at the library and ran the same loop that I kicked off the track season with last Tuesday. It's amazing how much less timid I was about what I could handle. I pushed all the hills on the trails and ran up Wilson Blvd. rather than continuing further on the W&OD. That shortened the run about a mile, so I only got five, but it was a quick five. My legs feel terrific. I ran a good set of strides on the baseball fields next to the parking lot. I've got a long way to go on speed, but it felt good to get the legs rolling like that. I'm not really looking forward to trying a workout, but at some point I'll have to throw something in the mix.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bike. The shipping of my bottom bracket and brake pads is taking forever, so my bike is still disassembled in the repair stand. I'm hoping to jump in a Sunday ride with Coppi on a prospective new bike, but we'll see.

No comments: