Monday, October 02, 2006

It was rather chilly this morning, as it has been for the past week, so it didn't matter too much that the only reasonably smelling jersey I had was long sleeve. I suited up and was on the trail at a reasonable hour. I took it fairly easy until latching on to a Master's rider after Gallows Rd. I took the lead once we hit the long stretch after Vienna and I punched it hard. My pack was pretty heavy since I was carrying in shoes and a book, but still, I was moving. Well, he hung tight and was still with me just a little ways behind when we came to the next crossing. I, embarassingly, dropped my chain. By the time I got it fixed, I had to catch up to him and just after I did, he turned off. Anyways, that was fun and it was good to get the legs crankin' since I felt like I didn't get enough work yesterday.

I got to ride home in some great weather and I had to ride all the way with my jersey totally unzipped. The temps were in the upper 70's and it was gorgeous. I was pretty tired and hungry when I rolled into my place and I downed just about any food I could find before heading out for French class downtown. I'm eating so much right now that I feel a bit like a pig. I thought early this weekend I was just eating because I was bored, but then I realized if I stopped eating, my stomach was hurting. So I just kept feeding my face.

No comments: